If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are at high risk for developing severe COVID-19, you may be eligible for monoclonal antibody treatment, which might prevent you from becoming sicker.
Antibodies are part of our natural defense against viruses such as SARS-CoV-2, 导致COVID-19的病毒. 但身体需要时间来制造. Antibodies designed to attack COVID-19 have been developed, and in several studies have been shown to reduce the risk of progressing to severe COVID-19 and hospitalization when given early to people who test positive for COVID-19. This therapy is given as an infusion through an IV at one of the UNC健康 infusion centers.
Are You High Risk for Severe COVID-19 and Eligible?
The criteria for patients to be considered for Monoclonal Antibody infusion therapy are:
- Have at least mild symptoms for no more than seven days
- Are age 65 plus or less than 65 but have a chronic health problem that puts you at risk for severe COVID-19. These include obesity, diabetes, lung disease, and heart disease, among others.
Monoclonal antibody therapy needs to be given as soon as possible after symptoms start to work—ideally within 4 days and no longer than seven days.
To find out if you are at high risk and eligible for COVID 19 Monoclonal Antibody infusion therapy, 请拨打UNC COVID - 19帮助热线 , 8之间.m. 和5便士.m.，每周7天.
Providers outside of UNC健康 can also call the Help Line for information about whether patients meet detailed criteria and can be referred to a UNC健康 clinic for monoclonal antibody treatment. 北卡罗来纳大学保健服务提供者应检查 intranet resources for treatment criteria and referral information.
Where to Get Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Therapy
- The Pittsboro Therapeutic Infusion Center
- Children’s Specialty Clinic, Raleigh – Blue Ridge
- 北卡罗来纳州罗利的UNC Rex医疗保健公司
- 考德威尔输液中心，Lenoir, NC
- UNC Urgent Care at Clayton, Johnston County
- Nash COVID Infusion Unit, Rocky Mount, NC
- Rockingham COVID Inpatient Unit, Eden, NC